Subject of insurance
Carrier’s (Insured’s) liability to the owner of consignments taken over for carriage pursuant to the concluded contract on carriage, in line with the provisions of the Convention on the Contract for the International Carriage of Goods by Road (CMR) and Law on Contracts for the Carriage of Goods by Road (hereinafter: the Law).
This insurance applies to domestic and international transportation. Upon request of the Insured, the coverage may be taken out only for domestic transportation
Limit of liability
With regard to the transportation under the International Bill of Lading, the liability of the Insurer per any one occurrence is limited in line with the Article 23, paragraph 3 and Article 25 of the CMR Convention and the amount designated on the insurance policy. As for the transportation within the boundaries of the Republic of Serbia, under a Serbian transportation document, the liability of the Insurer is limited pursuant to the Law on Contract for Carriage of Goods by Road.
Scope of cover
Insurer is obliged to indemnify the Insured against all reasonable amounts payable by the Insured by way of carrier’s liability for damages occurred in the carriage of consignments due to total or partial loss of or damage to goods, as well as for the expenses (transportation costs and customs duties, costs of removal and transportation of remaining bulk and damaged goods to clear up the road upon instructions of competent authorities, costs of disputes and legal actions and/or reasonable salvage attempts) incurred from the moment of taking over the goods for transportation to the moment of delivery.
- damages occurred consequentially to the evidenced theft of goods or the entire vehicle loaded with goods
- damages occurred consequentially to the failure of the thermoregulation device
- damages to goods occurred in loading goods onto the vehicle and/or unloading goods from the vehicle by the Insured
- damages due to late delivery of goods taken over for transportation
- costs of destruction of damaged goods
According to these Terms and Conditions, the insurance does not cover the liability for:
- carriage carried out without a concluded contract of carriage,
- carriage carried out for own purposes,
- carriage free of charge (freight not included),
- carriage of postal parcels, valuable sendings (coins, paper money, securities, documents and papers), objects of art (paintings, sculptures and other).