Information on personal data protection
Since the protection of your personal data is our priority, please carefully read this information.
Dunav Insurance Company j.s.c., Belgrade, 4 Makedonska, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone number 0800 386 286, is a public shareholding company registered for conducting insurance business and the only insurance company in domestic market licenced by the National Bank of Serbia to carry out all life and non-life insurance lines.
Dunav Insurance Company j.s.c. (hereinafter: the Company), as the data controller, establishes the purpose and manner of personal data processing, and we protect your privacy by processing personal data in accordance with the regulations on personal data protection.
Purpose and legal basis for personal data processing
The Company collects personal data for the purpose of conclusion and execution of both insurance and other sorts of contracts, compliance with the legal obligations for resolving objections to the conclusion and performance of insurance contract, distribution of risks through reinsurance and coinsurance, or meeting some other legal obligation. The Company also processes personal data for the purpose of protection of its legitimate interests:
- detection and prevention of insurance frauds, attempted insurance frauds and other criminal acts at insurance contract conclusion, settling of indemnity or recourse claims in amicable or court proceedings;
- informing of the Company services – direct marketing about the benefits we offer, market and customer satisfaction research regarding the Company services.
The legal basis for personal data processing, for the above listed purposes, is conclusion and performance of the insurance contract, compliance with the legal obligations and protection of the Company legitimate interests, as well as your consent.
Consent is any voluntary, specific, informed and unambiguous expression of will of a person whom the data relate to, with which – by means of a statement or a clear confirmatory action – such person gives a permission for the personal data processing. You can withdraw your consent at any time, in the same way in which you have given it. The consent withdrawal does not affect the legality of data processing prior to its withdrawal. The consent is not necessary for all kinds of data processing.
The Company collects personal data directly from you, but also from other sources such as the policyholder, publicly available sources and documents, other insurance companies and associations and so on. For minors, under 15 years of age, the consent for personal data processing is provided by a parent with a parental right, i.e. other legal representative of a minor.
Personal data processed by the Company
The Company processes personal data needed for the above mentioned purposes:
- identification and contact details;
- data needed for the conclusion of particular insurance contracts;
- data for fulfilment of obligations from particular contracts, i.e. for processing and settlement of indemnity and recourse claims in amicable or court proceedings;
- special data categories;
- telephone call recordings,
- information and details on the account;
- data for the purpose of prevention and detection of insurance frauds.
Personal data collected and processed by the Company are necessary for the conclusion and performance of insurance contracts, protection of the Company’s legitimate interests and fulfilment of the Company’s legal obligations, so if you do not provide us with the data necessary for a particular type of insurance contract, we will not be able to conclude and perform it, and the Company will not be able to meet its legal obligations.
Personal data recipient
We process your data solely in the way which is in accordance with the purpose for which they are collected. If necessary, the following parties shall have access to data relating to you:
- insurance sales agents;
- reinsurers and coinsurers for the purpose of assuming risk excess;
- other insurance companies for the purpose of fraud prevention or obligations based on international agreements and conventions;
- government bodies, pursuant to legal obligations of Dunav Insurance Company j.s.c. (National Bank of Serbia, Association of Serbian Insurers, Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Serbia, Tax Administration, judicial and other government bodies or audit companies);
- financial institutions (banks) and institutions for payment operations;
- providers of IT solutions, assistance services and claims processing services;
- health care institutions;
- lawyers, technical consultants and experts such as court experts, adjustors, service shops;
- providers of services related to printing, delivery, storage or destruction of business documentation;
- marketing and other business partners;
- processing agents that process personal data on behalf of Dunav Insurance Company j.s.c, exclusively according to the Company instructions and the contract the Company concluded with them.
Your personal data shall not be available to anyone not authorised by Dunav Insurance Company j.s.c. in respect thereof.
Automated processing of personal data including profiling
The Company makes decisions based on personal data processed by automated means, such as in case of online purchase of insurance policies, but also for the purpose of direct marketing.
Rights in respect of personal data collecting and processing
As regards personal data collecting and processing, you have the following rights:
- right to personal data access – right to inquire if your personal data are being processed, about the purpose of processing, types of personal data that are being processed, source of data, the recipient or types of recipients your data may be delivered to, in particular about the recipients in other countries or international organisations, the envisaged time limit for personal data keeping, the existence of the procedure for automated decision-making, including profiling;
- right to data correction and update – right to correct, that is, to update incorrect and incomplete personal data without undue delay;
- right to data deletion – right to deletion of personal data with prior fulfilment of one of the following conditions: personal data are not necessary anymore for achieving the purpose for which they have been collected or otherwise processed; consent based on which the processing was performed has been withdrawn and there is no other legal basis for processing; objection to the processing has been lodged;
- right to restrict personal data processing – right to demand from the Company to restrict the processing of data relating to you if one of the following conditions has been met: you challenge the correctness of the personal data within the time limit that allows us to check their correctness; if you think the processing is unlawful and instead of deleting the personal data you demand restriction of the data usage; the Company does not need your personal data anymore for achieving the purpose of processing but you demand them in order to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim; you have lodged an objection to the processing of your personal data that are being processed for the purpose of direct marketing and the process of evaluation whether the legal basis for the Company’s processing prevails over your interests is in progress,
- right to data portability – right to receive from the Company personal data you have previously delivered to it in a structured, typically used and electronically readable form, right to transfer your personal data to another controller without obstruction by the Company, as well as the right for your personal data to be directly transferred by the Company to another controller, on condition the processing is based on the consent to perform automated processing,
- right to consent withdrawal – right to withdraw the consent at any moment. The consent withdrawal does not affect the legality of the processing performed based on the consent given prior to withdrawal. You may do the stated in the same way in which you have given your consent, as well as by email: email@example.com or by calling 0800 386 286 free of charge,
- right to object to the processing – the right to lodge an objection with the Company at any time regarding the processing of your personal data, including the right to objection to the personal data processing for the purposes of direct marketing and profiling to the extent that it is related to the direct marketing.
- right to lodging a complaint with the Commissioner
If you think that by processing your personal data the Company has breached the legal and other regulations on personal data protection, please apply to the following address regarding that matter: 4 Makedonska, 11000 Belgrade, phone: 0800 386 286, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long we keep personal data
The Company keeps personal data as long as it is necessary for achieving the purpose for which they are being processed. The criterion based on which the time limit for keeping the personal data is established is the purpose of their collecting, duration of insurance contract, limitation of the claim prescribed by law or certain legal or other provision based on which we are obliged to keep certain data for a particular period of time.
In case you have any questions about the usage of your personal data, you can contact us by phone, email or post:
- by calling 0800 386 286 free of charge
- by emailing at: email@example.com
- by writing to the address: Dunav Insurance Company j.s.c.
Right to filing a complaint with the Commissioner
For the purpose of protection of your fundamental rights and freedoms regarding the personal data processing, you may lodge a complaint with the Commissioner for the information of public importance and personal data protection:
- address: 15 Bulеvаr krаlја Аlеksаndrа, 11120 Bеlgrade
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone: +381 11 3408 900
- fаx: +381 11 3343 379